1. Know that everyone grieves in his or her own way and at his or her own pace. There is no timeline or set rhythm for healing.
2. Be kind to yourself and be gentle with yourself.
3. Eat well/nutritiously and get sufficient rest.
4. Exercise (walk, run, swim, cycle etc.).
5. Spend time outdoors in nature.
6. Give yourself permission to seek professional help— therapy/counseling (individual and/or family) and call on your personal faith (if appropriate) to help you as well.
7. Learn more about the experience of suicide loss by reading the stories of those who are farther along in their grief journey.
10. Get involved with the survivor loss community by volunteering with an organization such as AFSP.