Central and Northern Florida Area Director
The American Foundation for Suicide Prevention (AFSP) seeks qualified candidate for the position of Area Director for Central and Northern Florida. The Area Director is responsible for organizing and implementing the Chapter’s signature Out of the Darkness walks and other fundraising and programmatic and volunteer activities throughout Central and Northern Florida. Specific responsibilities include recruiting, organizing, and supervising volunteers for local events, attending to logistical details, securing sponsorships, supervising the actual events, and financial oversight. Position will be based in Orlando area and work out of a home office.
Experience running events in a national nonprofit organization, preferably a health-related organization with chapters. Demonstrated skills in volunteer organization and development, budgeting and planning, and special events fund raising. Bachelor’s degree with strong interpersonal and communications skills required. Experience as a staff person working with nonprofit Boards preferred.
How to Apply
Send cover letter with salary requirements and resume to the Senior Director for Development and Field Management, American Foundation for Suicide Prevention, [email protected].
Digital Communications Manager
The American Foundation for Suicide Prevention (AFSP), the leading national nonprofit organization exclusively dedicated to understanding and preventing suicide through research, education and advocacy, and to reaching out to people with mental disorders and those impacted by suicide, seeks a Digital Communications Manager. Reporting to the Communications Director, the Digital Communications Manager will serve as the organization’s webmaster and oversee all social media initiatives in this newly created position. We are looking for an energetic, creative strategic thinker who can help us integrate the full range of digital communications across our national organization.
- Manage all aspects of organizational website including development and editing of content, oversight of ongoing enhancements, and strategic integration of website with social media.
- Develop and implement a coherent, creative and measurable web and social media strategy to raise the organization’s profile as a national leader in suicide prevention.
- Manage and enhance AFSP’s presence on all forms of digital media, including organization’s website, Facebook, Twitter, You Tube , Instagram and emerging technologies.
- Increase organization’s presence on social media by posting to relevant blogs, engaging in online conversations, answering questions, and providing original content.
- Oversee development, editing and strategic use of videos and other electronic media.
- Serve as digital media consultant for AFSP’s national network of chapters ensuring message consistency, promotion of events, and timely dissemination of information.
- Proactively consult with staff to coordinate calendar for e- blasts and e-newsletters; create and send e-messaging as required.
- Manage and resolve all technical issues and monitor and advise organization of digital trends and tools.
- Work closely with media relations to provide ongoing analysis of social media conversations and issues that may affect media placements and opportunities; be alert to news breaking after-hours that may require immediate social media postings.
- Provide detailed analysis of data on a monthly basis for use in organization-wide decision-making.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience successfully developing, managing and updating an organizational web site.
- Strong knowledge and previous experience managing and growing an organization’s social media presence.
- Proven experience with HTML, basic graphic design and video production skills, experience with eZ Publish, Raiser’s Edge, and list management.
- Outstanding writing, editing, proofreading and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills and data management experience; ability to turn data into action.
- Proactive, collaborative working style with a comfort level for working at all levels of a national organization.
- Strong project management skills with ability to complete a project from idea through execution to final evaluation.
- Experience in healthcare, an interest in AFSP’s mission and a passion for work in the non-profit field highly desirable.
How to Apply:
Please send a cover letter, resume, three writing samples that illustrate the range of your abilities, and salary requirements to [email protected] with Digital Communications Manager in the subject line. Applications without a personalized cover letter will not be considered.