Through the contribution of their time, talent, and passion, our volunteers are leading the movement to prevent suicide in local communities across the nation.
They are the driving force behind increasing the public’s awareness of suicide as a public health issue that is preventable. Together, our chapter volunteers deliver innovative prevention programs for schools and business, reach out to survivors of suicide loss, organize fundraising events, and act as a go-to resource for their entire community.
Whatever your background, strengths, or interests, our chapter needs you. Let’s make a difference in the lives of those who have been touched by suicide in our community. Please join us today.
We are currently recruiting for committee member volunteers. This is an opportunity to be a part of AFSP's mission and make a difference in the community.
AFSP Central Texas Committee Volunteer Opportunities
- Education Committee
- International Survivors of Suicide Day
- Survivor Outreach
- Tabling at all events (local health fairs, etc.)
- Presenting CenTex AFSP PowerPoint all over Austin (seek out places present such as police departments, etc and set up appointments to do so)
- Showing AFSP educational videos to counselors
- Public Policy/Advocacy Committee
- Setting up legislative day at Capitol
- Helping to recruit/register Field Advocates
- Making Sure policy/advocacy requests through National office are completed
- Fundraising Committee
- Spring Fundraising
- Out of the Darkness Walk
- Seeking Major donors
- Nominations Committee
- Recruitment/data collection/interviews of potential new Board Members
- Volunteer Recruitment & Engagement Committee
- Recruiting by hosting recruitment events
- Engagement and placement of volunteers
- Hosting appreciation events for volunteers after major events
- Public Relations/Social Media Committee
- Social Media – FaceBook, Twitter, Instagram, National website updates and content for local chapter
- Building relationships with all news media – print/radio and television
- All print advertising promoting AFSP events
Please contact our Volunteer Coordinator, Christine Newell, for more information on getting involved with the AFSP Central Texas Chapter: email@example.com