Our chapter works to prevent suicide by educating members of our communities about suicide and suicide prevention.
We list here resources you and others may use in working with middle, high school and college students, physicians, members of the media, and community leaders, and those who want to support people who are bereaved by suicide.
Please click the links below for more information about specific programs.
- Educating High School and Middle School Students
- Educating College Students
- Educating Physicians
- Educating the Media
- Educating the Community
- Policy webinar series and a video library for AFSP's suicide prevention advocates, who help to further suicide prevention policy and legislation on the federal and state level.
- Training for those facilitating a suicide bereavement support group.
- Training for those volunteering in AFSP's Survivor Outreach Program.
To request an AFSP Illinois Volunteer to come to your organization and give an presentation contact email April Jervis, MBA, Illinois Area Director at ajervis@AFSP.org. Please make sure to include the date, time, duration of presentation, place, group, and if PowerPoint will be available.
Request Materials & Resources
Thanks to the generosity of the Out of the Darkness Community Walkers and donors in Illinois we are able to develop and offer a wide range of resources in addition to our grants. Click here to request a materials or resources from the Illinois Chapter.