The Out of the Darkness Community Walks are AFSP’s signature fundraising campaign.
Every fall, family members, friends, and colleagues walk 3–5 miles together in hundreds of communities across the nation to prevent suicide, raise awareness, and end the stigma that surrounds depression and other mental disorders.
With each stride, our walkers save lives, honor loved ones lost to suicide and raise funds to support AFSP’s vital mission.
Below are the walks being held in your state. For a complete list, click here.
AFSP's Largest Out of the Darkness Walk is the Out of the Darkness Chicagoland Community Walk. Registration and donations are currently being accepted at www.ChicagoWalk.org. Walk with Us in Illinois:
- Bloomington Normal: www.BNWalk.org
- Champaign Urbana: www.CUWalk.org
- Chicagoland: www.ChicagoWalk.org
- DeKalb Co: www.DeKalbCoWalk.org
- Effingham Co: www.EffinghamWalk.org
- Madison Co: www.MadisonCoWalk.org
- North Western IL (Freeport): www.FreeportWalk.org
- Quad Cities: www.QuadCitiesWalk.org
- Quincy: www.QuincyWalk.org
- Race AFSP: www.RaceAFSP.org
- Rockford: www.RockfordWalk.org
- St. Clair Co: www.StClairCo.org
- Sterling: www.SaukValleyWalk.org
- Vandalia: www.VandaliaWalk.org
- West Cenral IL (Galesburg): www.GalesburgWalk.org
- Or to see details of all of the walks in Illinois visit www.WalkInIllinois.org