Check out our chapter’s most recent activities and updates:
We've had a BUSY year -- check out what we've accomplished:
- Attendance at the annual AFSP Advocacy Forum with visits to all 14 congressmen and 2 senators at the annual AFSP Advocacy Forum in Washington DC in June.
- Over 40 GA field advocates overseen by Public Policy office.
- 6 presentations for Transportation Safety Administration (TSA, airport security). Management was required to attend. Educated approximately 200-300.
- Quarterly presentations for the International Rescue Committee (refugee services) during their Life Skills Class. These presentations are translated into 6-12 different languages for refugees. Educated approximately 200.
- Presentation for the Georgia Poison Center. Done for ATL staff and broadcast to all centers throughout the state.
- Partnered with Skyland Trail for our Living With Bipolar Disorder program.
- Webinar for DFCS (Department of Family & Child Services) regarding suicide in foster children. 120 registered.
- Presented at national meeting of North American Congress of Clinical Toxicology for poison control specialists.
- 2 presentations at national meeting for Reformed University Fellowship college interns.
- Partnered with The Johnny Foundation to bring our Interactive Screening Program to University of Georgia.
- Other small group presentations included:
- Presentation for counselors from Meadowcreek Cluster of Gwinnett County Schools.
- Presentation for Out of Darkness human trafficking organization safe house staff.
- Presentation for Mercer University School of Theology pastoral counselor class.
- Panelist for prevention programs at Georgia Perimeter College Dunwoody and Decatur campuses.
- 2 postvention programs for a mens group and synagogue
- Presentation for adults and More Than Sad for teens at Caminar Latino.
- and more!
- Active Survivor Outreach Program with nationally trained volunteer coordinator and visit volunteers.
- 3rd annual Candlelight Vigil during National Suicide Prevention Week.
- Multiple site for International Survivors of Suicide Day including a chapter site with the Ask the Experts program.
- SOLD OUT wine dinner at Casa Nuova. Over 100 attended raising $6000.
- SOLD OUT Toast to Life spring fundraiser at Agave. Over 120 attended raising $9200.
- Successful Out of the Darkness Walk season with a campus walk at Georgia Southern and community walks in Newnan, Warner Robins and Atlanta. 1527 attended our 2013 walks raising over $138,000 so far!
We could not accomplish what we do without our supporters -- thank you!