The more you promote your event, the more people you will be able to reach and help.
The great majority of those who come to your gathering—about 70 percent—will be attending International Survivors of Suicide Day for the very first time. How will you reach them?
Ask yourself this question: Who in my community would have contact with survivors of suicide loss? Below we've listed some people and organizations who may be able to assist you in getting the word out about the event. Most people understand the great need for this event and are happy to help.
- Suicide bereavement support group facilitators
- Other bereavement support group facilitators, such as Compassionate Friends
- AFSP Chapters
- AFSP Lifekeeper Memory Quilt Organizers
- Funeral directors
- Your local coroner’s office
- Clergy, religious organizations, and interfaith associations
- Mental Health America and local mental health centers
- Departments of mental health and social services
- Individual mental health professionals
- Association for Death Education and Counseling Members
- Psychiatric hospitals and other inpatient/outpatient facilities
- Colleges counseling centers
- Veteran/military organizations.
You can find many other ideas in our.
For more detailed information, download our.